The City of Grandville Clean Water Plant serves the water treatment concerns of Grandville, Georgetown Township, Hudsonville and the western portion of Jamestown Township. The unique blend of urban, suburban and rural communities in this service area provides varying degrees of treatment complexities.
The purpose of the Industrial Pretreatment Program is:
- To prevent the introduction of pollutants into the sanitary sewer collection system and Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) that are incompatible with the facilities treatment processes or could pass through and be discharged to the watershed.
- To prevent the introduction of pollutants into the sanitary sewer collection system and POTW that could interfere with treatment operations and/or the beneficial reuse of reclaimed Biosolids nutrients.
- To improve the feasibility of recycling and reclaiming municipal and industrial wastewater and Biosolids nutrients.
- To protect the general health and safety of wastewater treatment plant and collection system employees.
- To enforce applicable EPA categorical standards.
The program issues permits to non-domestic sewer users within the collection system to ensure that the concentrations of any pollutants in their wastewater comply with the requirements of the Sewer Use Ordinance. Samples of wastewater are also collected from various points in the collection system to continuously monitor for unknown sources of pollutants. In the event of an accidental spill or discharge, the program will utilize available resources to ensure a return to expected compliance.