The Grandville City Council is the elected body that presides over the City. The Council is responsible for setting goals and policies for the city government, annually adopting a budget that supports city activities, and executing formal actions required by the City Charter. The City Council consists of 7 members: 6 at-large Council Members and the Mayor, who acts as chairman over the meeting.
The City Council meets the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. Meetings are held in the Grandville City Council Chambers in City Hall, 3195 Wilson Avenue SW, Grandville MI 49418 at 7:00 pm. For a current meeting schedule, click here.
NEXT CITY COUNCIL MEETING: Monday, January 24, 2022 at 7:00 P.M. (IN PERSON AT CITY HALL)
(Agendas and meeting packets are available HERE the Friday prior to the meeting)
WAYS TO PARTICIPATEWATCH REMOTELY
The Regular City Council Meetings will be rebroadcast on WCET TV (Comcast Cable Channel 25). Visit WCET-TV.ORG to view the current schedule.
ATTEND IN PERSON
Meetings are held in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 3195 Wilson Ave SW, Grandville MI 49418
PUBLIC COMMENT GUIDELINES
Public Discussion at Meetings. All persons may address the City Council/Boards/Commissions at any meeting which is open to the public during the public comment period or during public hearings intended to focus on specific issues at hand.
- Members of the public are permitted to address a meeting upon recognition by the Chairperson. The person will be asked to give their name and address at the beginning of their comments.
- Public comment is not intended to require the public body and/or staff to answer any impromptu questions. All remarks shall be addressed to the public body, and not to any individual member or the audience. Discussions between speakers and members of the audience will not be permitted.
- The Chairperson may limit the comments of any person to items on the agenda or to such matters as may be relevant to the City.
- The Chairperson may impose a time limit on comments at their discretion.
- No person shall speak more than once on any particular subject until all other persons wishing to be heard on that subject had the opportunity to speak and after being again recognized by the Chairperson.
- Person speaking during public comment shall maintain a courteous and respectful tone. Those making personal, impertinent, or slanderous remarks, or who shall become boisterous or profane, while addressing the public body, may be requested to leave the podium.
Written communication to the City will be accepted by direct mail or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and copies will be distributed to members of the appropriate public body. Those wishing to comment on agenda items or to raise other issues to the City Council may send written comments by e-mail, voice messages by phone, or online during the meeting. All written comments and all voice messages will be provided in full to all City Council Members.
Email Comments – Email email@example.com
By Phone – Call 616-531-3030 to leave a voice message by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, January 24, 2022.
In Person - At City Council Meeting or visit City Hall anytime during normal business hours.
Email City Council Members Directly.
PARTICIPATION ACCOMODATIONSPersons with impairments or disabilities needing accommodations to participate in the meeting or persons who need language interpretation services may contact the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 531-3030 at least 36 hours before the meeting to make arrangements for appropriate accommodation.
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICES:
2021/2022 Budget Public Hearing
MEETING CHANGE NOTICES:
None at this time
SPECIAL MEETING NOTICES:
Click HERE to view the Grandville City Charter online